Andrea Holwegner BSc, RD
President, Counselling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Nutrition expert Andrea Holwegner is the energetic founder and president of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc., based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Since 2000, she has counseled hundreds of individuals, including Olympic athletes, CEOs and families, on the benefits of healthy eating. Andrea spearheads a team of highly trained and experienced dietitians within her practice. She is also known as the chocoholic nutritionist, believing anyone can achieve health without guilt or complexity, and that the secret to success is having fun.
Andrea is one of a handful of Registered Dietitians in North America who are qualified professional speakers. She knows how to deliver relevant content mixed with humor and fun, capturing corporate, association and government audiences with a buzz that’s better than caffeine! Her simple ideas elevate productivity, work-life balance and health.
Andrea is a regular columnist for the Calgary Herald, and on-air expert for QR77 radio, Global Calgary Morning News and Citytv Breakfast Television. She has written for CBC News Online and is a member of the Chatelaine Health Advisory Board. Andrea was a dietitian on the Life Network’s popular reality weight loss show “Taking it Off” and has appeared on CTV National News and CBC News Today Newsworld. She’s also been interviewed by CBC radio in almost every province in Canada.
As a consultant on health trends and spokesperson for the food industry and restaurants, companies such as Jugo Juice Canada work with Andrea for her understanding of health-conscious consumers and to enhance credibility of marketing initiatives. Andrea is also the nutrition consultant for Edleun, a publicly-traded company and leader in Canadian childcare.
Packed with knowledge, Andrea has/is:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition & Food Sciences
- Completed a Dietetic Internship
- A member of the Dietitians of Canada, the College of Dietitians of Alberta, the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers, the Canadian Restaurant & Foodservices Association & the Canadian Obesity Network
- A media expert for the Dietitians of Canada
- Recipient of a regional award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education.