CAREERS: WE ARE HIRING!
Private Practice Nutrition Counselling
Are you an experienced dietitian with great interpersonal skills that is looking for a part-time flexible job? We are looking for mature dietitians to join the four dietitians at our practice.
This is a unique opportunity for a dietitian that has always dreamed of working in private practice but due to family and work commitments has not been able to start a business. This opportunity is a perfect fit for a parent raising a family that would like to work part-time or a mature dietitian that has had a full career in the field of dietetics and is looking for a change or meaningful supplemental work.
Two positions available:
- General nutrition counselling dietitian for weight loss, meal planning and overall healthy eating for prevention and treatment of common lifestyle issues or chronic disease. Training and mentorship is provided.
- Dietitian that has experience working with eating disorders or alternatively a dietitian with no experience in this area but has a special interest in developing their skills in this area. Significant training and mentorship is available for a keen applicant.
Benefits of this counselling opportunity:
- Part-time hours and the ability to organize client bookings at flexible times that works around your personal, family and vacation schedule.
- Work within an established private practice of 12 years that manages the cost of business (generating referrals, centrally located office space including parking, advertising, marketing, website maintenance, photocopier, business system forms/charts/education handouts, office phone/fax/wireless internet connection, client payment system and more).
- Earn higher hourly fees than traditional dietitian public health rates.
- Work with highly motivated clients that are committed to health and want to change their lifestyle. Experience the reward of watching people change and grow over time because of your ongoing counselling advice.
- Training, mentorship and collaboration regarding best practices for client care is offered.
- 10 years or more of dietitian experience in any area required.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Alberta.
- Member of Dietitians of Canada with malpractice insurance (or willingness to join/add).
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching and communication skills. Strong ability to translate the complex science of nutrition into practical, easy to understand messages for the general public.
- Confident, encouraging, highly energetic and keen to motivate clients.
- Enjoys meal planning, cooking and creative solutions for a variety of lifestyles and nutrition challenges.
- Last but not least, we want someone that is a team player and likes to have fun!
- Part-time flexible hours are available. One of the biggest benefits of this position is that we can work with your personal, family and vacation schedule. We offer bookings between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and can work with your schedule to accommodate your preference for bookings. Let us know what days/time general work with you! Overall we would be looking for a general weekly commitment ranging from part/full days.
- Closing date for application: May 15, 2013 (or this may be extended until a suitable applicant is hired).
- Start date: flexible but ideally to commence training as soon as possible and ideally able to attend a single full day training session on Monday May 27, 2013 to meet and collaborate with all the dietitians on the team.
Application Submission Details:
Attention: Andrea Holwegner BSc, RD & President
Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc.
Address: 1325b-9th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0T2
Phone: (403) 262-3466
In addition to your cover letter and resume please answer the following questions on a separate page:
Additional questions to answer and include with your application:
- Which days and times each week are you generally available? Approximately how many hours per week would you like to work?
- One of the positions available is specifically for nutrition counselling in the area of disordered eating. Do you have any experience or a special interest in developing/training skills in the area of eating disorders, disordered eating and emotional eating?
- Do you have experience or special interest in any of the following other areas? If so please describe
- Weight loss
- Emotional eating
- Behaviour change
- Cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Diabetes and blood sugar concerns
- Gastrointestinal issues such as celiac, IBS and IBD
- Pre and post natal nutrition
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Culinary expertise and menu planning
- What appealed to you about this job opportunity?
- Given what you know of Health Stand Nutrition why would you be a good fit for this job?
Before submitting your application it is strongly recommended that you review our company website and get a good feel for our practice and if you would be a good fit. Visit www.healthstandnutrition.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
DOWNLOAD A PDF OF THIS INFORMATION HERE: Dietitian Job Opportunity