President, Counselling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Nutrition expert Andrea Holwegner is the energetic founder and president of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc., based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Since 2000, she has counseled hundreds of individuals, including Olympic athletes, CEOs and families, on the benefits of healthy eating. Andrea spearheads a team of highly trained and experienced dietitians within her practice. She is also known as the chocoholic nutritionist, believing anyone can achieve health without guilt or complexity, and that the secret to success is having fun.
Andrea is one of a handful of Registered Dietitians in North America who are qualified professional speakers. She knows how to deliver relevant content mixed with humor and fun, capturing corporate, association and government audiences with a buzz that’s better than caffeine! Her simple ideas elevate productivity, work-life balance and health.
Andrea is a columnist for the Calgary Herald, and regular on-air expert for QR77 Radio, Global Calgary Morning News and CTV Morning News. She has written for CBC News Online and is a member of the Chatelaine Health Advisory Board. Andrea was a dietitian on the Life Network’s popular reality weight loss show “Taking it Off” and has appeared on CTV National News and CBC News Today Newsworld. She’s also been interviewed by CBC Radio in almost every province in Canada.
As a consultant on health trends and spokesperson for the food, grocery and restaurant industry, companies such as Jugo Juice Canada work with Andrea for her understanding of health-conscious consumers and to enhance credibility of marketing initiatives. Andrea is also the nutrition consultant for Brightpath Early Learning Inc. (formerly Edleun), a publicly-traded company and leader in Canadian childcare.
As an advocate for empowering young women to find their strength and resiliency Andrea supports services and donations to the Juno House Foundation specializing in adolescent girls and young women’s mental health and eating disorder recovery.
Packed with knowledge, Andrea has/is:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition & Food Sciences and Dietetic Internship from the University of Alberta
- A certified Craving Change™ expert specializing in strategies for problematic and emotional eating
- A member of the Dietitians of Canada, the College of Dietitians of Alberta, the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers, the Global Speakers Federation, Restaurants Canada, and the Canadian Obesity Network
- A media expert for the Dietitians of Canada
- Recipient of a regional award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education.
In her spare time, Andrea enjoys skiing, hiking and mountain biking in the Canadian Rockies. As a foodie she also adores sipping wine with her husband over a delicious meal. Most of all, she loves being a mom and playing in the dirt in the vegetable garden she grows with her son.
- Download Andrea’s FULL Bio here
- Download Andrea’s SHORT Bio here
- View Andrea’s LinkedIn profile here
- View Andrea’s Awards here