Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and fibre.
Makes 12 servings
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk (to sour milk add 1 tbsp. vinegar to milk)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup melted butter or non-hydrogenated margarine
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
How you prepare:
- Combine oats, and buttermilk/sour milk in a small bowl. Let stand.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and brown sugar.
- Add egg and melted butter.
- Add oat mixture to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full.
- Bake at 400F for 15-22 minutes.
Carbohydrates: 27.9 g
Protein: 4.8 g
Fat: 5.1 g
Fibre: 2.2 g