Have a Registered Dietitian facilitate customized nutrition counselling sessions for your employees at your workplace. While employees can book appointments on their own time to see a private practice dietitian in their local area, the engagement is often higher when you bring the services onsite to them at the workplace. This is a great follow-up option to compliment a lunch & learn program, health & safety event or existing health benefit program.
- Offering consultations onsite in the workplace increases access and removes the barrier of hoping employees seek out services on their own time.
- Everyone’s knowledge, eating patterns and health issues are different. Individual consultations allow for laser-focused, customized education where employees need it most.
- Health is personal and often employees prefer to discuss private health concerns, medical issues and weight struggles in a confidential setting without colleagues present.
- Utilization by senior leadership and executives with very busy schedules is often higher for customized personal nutrition counselling over group learning.
- Enhance use of health spending accounts and health benefit plans that cover the services of a Registered Dietitian or offer a company perk and show your employees you value their health and are willing to give them time off to do this.
1. Establish need & frequency
Work with Andrea to determine the specific needs and frequency for nutrition counselling based on biometric screening and health risk assessment data (if available), company size as well as job description (amount of stress, productivity, travel, eating out and shift work required).
2. Determine if company health benefits will be used
Onsite nutrition counselling can be positioned in one of two ways. Employers have the option of purchasing nutrition counselling in daily increments so that employees do not have to pay out of pocket. Alternatively if your health benefit program covers some/all of the services of a Registered Dietitian you may want to suggest employees utilize their health benefit or health spending account. In this case employees would pre-pay in advance and submit receipts for reimbursement to the insurance company. This is a win-win for both parties since there is increased utilization of existing benefit plans and employees have the option to take care of their health while at work.
3. Determine format & duration
Employees would sign up in advance for predetermined days the Registered Dietitian will be onsite at your workplace. Your dietitian will come prepared with everything needed (handouts, teaching tools and resources) but we do require a confidential office to use for counselling as well as wireless internet access in case we need to bring up relevant teaching tools.
For more information about our nutrition counselling approach and our team bios and areas of specialization visit: PERSONAL NUTRITION.
To discuss these options in greater depth contact Practice Director Andrea Holwegner: CONTACT US.