Shift Work Survival*
Energy to thrive for energy demanding jobs
Key Benefit: improve productivity; reduce stress & burnout
We all want to be healthy, productive and manage stress effectively. At the same time we are juggling more responsibilities than ever before. Heavy work schedules and busy family commitments increase stress, lower our resiliency and sacrifice productivity.
As stress and exhaustion take over our nutrition suffers and personal health can take a hit. Add the challenges of conflicting and over-complicated health information and we can become overwhelmed. The good news is there are simple solutions to starve stress and manage productivity through your workday so that your family-life and hobbies get the best of you.
Andrea will inspire you with easy steps to take charge of your everyday eating habits that even the busiest person can do. As the Chocoholic Nutritionist, Andrea will show you that the secret to successful health is flexibility, never taking things too seriously and having fun.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Nutrition and eating habits can have a profound impact on your overall health, wellness and stress as well as workplace productivity, safety, confidence and creativity.
- Achieving good health and optimal energy can be simple.
- How to squeeze up to 50% more energy out of your day so your work AND you’re personal life gets the best of you.
- The NRG principle of: Nourish with nerdy nutritious meals; Refuel and rehydrate regularly; Give in to guilty pleasures and give up the non-essentials.
- Explore confusion over low-carb diets, protein and fat for your body and brain.
- Breakfast with a bang! Understand what, when and how to start your day revved with energy.
- Lunch with a punch! Lunches that leave you fired-up with energy instead of flat lined later in the day.
- Healthy snack attacks for busy people.
- How to minimize energy zappers and false energizers through your day.
- Food and eating should be fun! You don’t need to sacrifice your favorites to be successful.
- Associations that have members with high-stress jobs, heavy work demands and require all the personal energy they can get.
- Health care providers that help others day to day and you want to give back to them with an event or retreat for personal development.
- Shift workers and employees that travel for their job that often struggle with energy, productivity, safety concerns and health challenges.
- Sales teams that could benefit from better health, energy and weight management which helps improve personal confidence and resiliency.
- Corporations that value the health and wellness of their employees and want to increase productivity.
- Corporations that need to improve their bottom line related to the high costs for health benefits, medications, sick leaves, burn out and turnover of your employees.
- Breakout session as part of a non-wellness focused event where a session on productivity, work-life balance or stress management is required to round out the highly technical or industry specific event.
- Corporations and government groups that have found unfavorable health data from HRA (health risk assessment) and biometric screening such as a high number of employees who are overweight or have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and other health issues.
- Spousal events as part of a company event or conference that will cover a fun, and educational topic of personal and family relevance.
- Food, restaurant, grocer or agricultural industry event or conference that could benefit from nutrition education both personally and professionally.
- Women’s event, retreat or conference that requires a woman motivational speaker that can provide a mix of both pertinent content and entertainment.
- Health association events or fundraisers where a fresh, hopeful and fun perspective on health and wellness would be a natural fit.
- Oil and gas industry that need fresh pertinent topics for mandatory health and safety meetings for corporate and field sites.
- Executive or management meeting or retreat that needs a portion of the event devoted to personal development to balance out a heavy planning meeting.
- Leaders and entrepreneurs that have achieved significant business success but want to have the health and vitality they need to enjoy their personal time.
45-90 minute keynote or breakout
3-4 hour half-day workshop/retreat
6-8 hour full-day workshop/retreat
*Note: Alternative title option for this session is Energized! Healthy Productive Energy How busy people use nutrition to starve stress & percolate productivity
Download Andrea’s full speaker kit here: PDF