To round out these dinners, serve any of the versions with our yummy Greek Vegetable Sauté, and your favourite creamy Greek Salad Dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Beef – www.makeitbeef.ca
Makes 25 meatballs
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
What you need:
1 lb (500g) Lean Ground Beef Sirloin or Chuck*
¼ cup (50 mL) fresh or dried bread crumbs
¼ cup (50 mL) crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
1 lightly beaten egg
¼ tsp (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper
Greek Vegetable Sauté (recipe follows)
How you prepare:
- Lightly combine ground beef, bread crumbs, feta cheese, onion, oregano, egg, salt and pepper; shape into meatballs.
- Bake on parchment paper or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet in 375°F (190°C) oven for 15 minutes until digital instant-read thermometer inserted into several meatballs reads 160°F (71°C). Serve with Greek Vegetable Sauté.
Per serving (per 4 meatballs):
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 15 g
Fat: 9 g
- Greek Vegetable Sauté: In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15mL) vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 onions, cut into wedges, 2 sweet yellow peppers, seeded and thinly sliced and 1/4 tsp (1mL) EACH dried oregano leaves, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened and slightly golden, about 8 minutes.
- Speedy Square Meatballs: Line baking sheet with foil and lightly oil. Shape beef mixture into 7-inch (18 cm) square, about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. Cut into 25 squares; do not separate. Bake as directed above. Separate into individual cooked meatballs.
- Mini Burger Sliders: Shape beef mixture into 12 balls. Flatten each into twelve 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. Bake as directed above. Serve tucked into dinner rolls, topping each with Greek vegetable Sauté and Greek dressing.