Is Andrea the right speaker for us?
Read on to review employer benefits, audience benefits, best audience, value added options and cost savings options.
Review Andrea’s most requested presentations here:
KEYNOTE, WORKSHOP & RETREAT TOPICS
Andrea works closely with event organizers and leaders of an organization to make sure her sessions are relevant to audiences personally as well as directly impact the needs of your workplace.
Top 5 benefits for your workplace:
- Enhanced resiliency, work-life balance and ability to combat stress.
- Increased stamina, energy and productivity for demanding workloads.
- Improved bottom line related to the high costs for health benefits, medications, sick leaves, burn out and turnover of your employees.
- Address costly and unfavorable health concerns from your biometric screening and HRA (health risk assessment) such as obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and other health issues.
- Enhanced confidence and creativity for your sales team, customer service staff, designers as well as front line workers. Improved safety and productivity for field workers, shift workers, health care workers or those that travel for their jobs.
Audiences will understand how to achieve health and productivity without guilt or complexity:
- Achieving good health and optimal energy can be simple.
- Nutrition and eating habits can have a profound impact on your overall health, wellness and stress as well as workplace productivity, safety, confidence and creativity.
- Food and eating should be fun! You don’t need to sacrifice your favorites to be successful.
Presentation length & customization
Keynote sessions are typically between 45-90 minutes in length. Andrea also offers half and full day workshops and retreats which involve more interaction, team building and the ability to dive into her topic in greater depth to further enhance learning.
You can count on her to customize your session to suit the needs of your workplace as well as the demographics and challenges of your group. All her sessions include a handout and educational door prizes. Andrea will also send you copies of attendee feedback forms after the event.
What is Andrea best known for?
- Her energy and ability to simplify complicated medical science into easy and enjoyable solutions.
- Her authentic ability to connect with a wide range of people with a diverse level of knowledge about a universally important topic.
- Her refreshing approach that you needn’t be perfect to achieve good health (she is the Chocoholic Nutritionist after all!)
When should Andrea be suggested for an event?
When you or your client:
- Is looking for a fresh perspective on the topic of health, wellness and productivity.
- Needs a mix of relevant, rich content mixed with entertainment and fun.
- Wants a high-energy, fun speaker that can connect with a broad diverse audience.
- Needs a change from the usual approaches to stress management, time management or personal development.
- Is experiencing heavy work demands and high stress and needs strategies to help boost personal energy and resiliency.
- Is looking for a new, more specific session related to health and wellness instead of the usual general health and wellness speakers they have had over the years.
Best audience overview
Your conference, government group, corporate team or association members have high-stress, fast-paced work demands and need top-notch health and productivity to keep up with the pace. Your audience struggles with their weight or juggling optimal health and wellness.
15 Specific Audiences Andrea would be best for:
- Associations that have members with high-stress jobs, heavy work demands and require all the personal energy they can get.
- Health care providers that help others day to day and you want to give back to them with an event or retreat for personal development.
- Corporations that value the health and wellness of their employees and want to increase productivity.
- Spousal events as part of a company event or conference that will cover a fun, and educational topic of personal and family relevance.
- Food, restaurant, grocer or agricultural industry event or conference that could benefit from nutrition education as well as the trends and needs of health conscious consumers.
- Women’s event, retreat or conference that requires a woman motivational speaker that can provide a mix of both pertinent content and entertainment.
- Health association events or fundraisers where a fresh, hopeful and fun perspective on health and wellness would be a natural fit.
- Breakout session as part of a non-wellness focused event where a session on productivity, work-life balance, personal development or health and wellness is required to round out the highly technical or industry specific event.
- Shift workers and employees that travel for their job that often struggle with energy, productivity, safety concerns and health challenges.
- Sales teams that could benefit from better health, energy and weight management which helps improve personal confidence and resiliency.
- Corporations that need to improve their bottom line related to the high costs for health benefits, medications, sick leaves, burn out and turnover of your employees.
- Corporations and government groups that have found unfavorable health data from HRA (health risk assessment) and biometric screening such as a high number of employees who are overweight or have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and other health issues.
- Oil and gas industry that need fresh pertinent topics for mandatory health and safety meetings for corporate and field sites.
- Executive or management meeting or retreat that needs a portion of the event devoted to personal development to balance out a heavy planning meeting.
- Leaders and entrepreneurs that have achieved significant business success but want to have the health and vitality they need to enjoy their personal time.
When would Andrea not be a good fit?
- A highly technical research review of nutritional science is needed.
- If you or your client wants purely entertainment or a comedian.
- If you or your client requests a chef or a cooking demo.
- When a strictly motivational speaker is required.
Value added options
When you hire Andrea she is committed to providing your organization with superior value and flexibility to utilize her expertise where you see fit. Outside of a standard keynote, here are some of the other ways Andrea can help make your event a success:
- Additional breakout session on a different or repeat topic for the same event or additional event.
- Breakfast or lunch meeting with leaders or decision makers to discuss personal questions and/or what other organizations are doing to solve health, productivity and stress issues in their workplace.
- “Ask the nutritionist” booth over lunch or at your expo/exhibit for attendees to ask personal questions.
- A package of articles, recipes and resources for your conference bags, upcoming company newsletter, health and wellness program or online learning.
- Suggestions for caterers to help “walk the talk” for healthy meals and snacks at your event.
- Access to Andrea’s monthly e-newsletters to receive health tips, the latest nutrition advice and healthy recipes.
- Purchase copies of Andrea’s most popular resource, the Meal Planner Kit (includes laminated cardstock list of meal planning ideas as well as the reusable supper planner and healthy grocery shopping list) or her Juiced Up Journal: 365 Day Nutrition and Wellness Journal. Bulk discount pricing is available.
- Follow-up live events, group teleseminars, onsite nutrition counselling or phone/skype nutrition counselling to further the impact of Andrea’s message and dive into more specific challenges of your team.
- Develop a list of healthy catering menu options for your organization using existing and new vendors.
- Video tape Andrea’s session for team members that were away and/or future members of your organization.
What is most unique about Andrea?
- FUN! As the chocoholic nutritionist Andrea is known for her approachability and balanced message regarding health and good living. She is a foodie, a die-hard chocoholic and married to a wine importer that is also a “meat-head.” She will show you that the secret to successful health is flexibility, never taking things too seriously and having fun.
- Simplifier: She has the ability to translate the complex science of medicine, nutrition and health into easy to understand relevant strategies you can use immediately. She has easy steps and simple solutions for busy people that want to look and feel their best. Andrea is the recipient of a regional award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education.
- Credentials: Andrea is founder and president of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She has counseled Team Canada Olympians and leads a team of Registered Dietitians at her practice. She is a media spokesperson for the Dietitians of Canada and a health trend consultant and spokesperson for the food industry and restaurants. Andrea is the nutrition consultant for Jugo Juice and Edleun, a publicly traded company and leader in Canadian childcare. She has consulted to the government regarding provincial health handouts for the public and for corporate groups such as Chevron and Walton International regarding workplace wellness.
- Media Presence: Andrea is a columnist for the Calgary Herald newspaper, weekly expert on QR77 radio and regular guest on Global Calgary Morning News and Citytv Breakfast Television. She has written for CBC News Online and is a member of th Chatelaine magazine Health Advisory Board. Andrea was a dietitian on the Life Network’s popular reality weight loss show “Taking it Off” and has appeared on CTV National News and CBC News Today Newsworld. She’s also been interviewed by CBC radio in almost every province in Canada.
Review Andrea’s full bio here: BIO Andrea Holwegner
See what clients that have hired Andrea are saying about her ability to blend relevant content with entertainment and fun here: RAVE REVIEWS
Review a partial list of Andrea’s clients and the industries she works with here: CLIENT LIST
Review a list of Andrea’s most requested topics here: KEYNOTE, WORKSHOP & RETREAT TOPICS