30-Day Workout Challenge With a Long Distance Buddy
30 Day Workout Challenge #Things(NON)NutritionistsLike
One recommended workout success strategy is working out with a buddy. I love my workout buddy: even though she lives over 1000 miles away and we both travel frequently.
A 30-day challenge is a commitment to follow a specific activity for 30 days, which research indicates is both a psychologically attainable goal and long enough to form a new habit. (Experts say it typically takes 21 days to acquire a new habit.)
My workout partner and I use SWORKIT video apps to buddy up for 30-day workout challenges:
- SWORKIT is a free app for your iPhone or iPad, so it’s perfect if you travel! (There are both free and paid versions: we use the free version.)
- The app allows us to pick what area you want to concentrate on, and has different focuses including:
- abs and back
- stretching, yoga and pilates
- boot camps
- You can customize your time – we typically choose 14-minute workouts (Longer than 10, but less than 15: psychologically it works for us!) but you can choose as few as 5 minutes.
- At the completion of your workout, there is an option to email a friend:
- So we don’t lose motivation, we do our 30-day workout challenge every other month: so one month on, one month off.
Our 30-day workout buddy challenge worked so well that another friend asked to join us!
Looking for more fitness inspiration? Check out our blog on FREE fitness apps, meditation and yoga support here: FREE FITNESS ONLINE
Catherine Russell assists with Health Stand Nutrition's content.