30 Day Workout Challenge #Things(NON)NutritionistsLike
One recommended workout success strategy is working out with a buddy. I love my workout buddy: even though she lives over 1000 miles away and we both travel frequently.
A 30-day challenge is a commitment to follow a specific activity for 30 days, which research indicates is both a psychologically attainable goal and long enough to form a new habit. (Experts say it typically takes 21 days to acquire a new habit.)
My workout partner and I use SWORKIT video apps to buddy up for 30-day workout challenges:
- SWORKIT is a free app for your iPhone or iPad, so it’s perfect if you travel! (There are both free and paid versions: we use the free version.)
- The app allows us to pick what area you want to concentrate on, and has different focuses including:
- abs and back
- stretching, yoga and pilates
- boot camps
- You can customize your time – we typically choose 14-minute workouts (Longer than 10, but less than 15: psychologically it works for us!) but you can choose as few as 5 minutes.
- At the completion of your workout, there is an option to email a friend:
- So we don’t lose motivation, we do our 30-day workout challenge every other month: so one month on, one month off.
Our 30-day workout buddy challenge worked so well that another friend asked to join us!