As regular monthly guests on TV as well as consumer and corporate wellness nutrition experts for radio, print, and online media, we can help support your next story. We follow trends, new research findings, and can offer practical take-home messages for both consumers and corporate groups.
Benefits to your audience
- Understand the latest nutrition and wellness trends
- Translate the complex science of nutrition and food into simple, positive messages
- Add a flavour of fun and entertainment into the topic of healthy eating and living
- Help your audience understand how to achieve health with a twist of indulgence
- Distill practical, relevant, and credible sound bite messages your audience can use right away
Areas of expertise
Our experienced Registered Dietitian team has nutrition expertise in the following areas:
- Consumer health: healthy eating advice for the general public in areas such as everyday family nutrition, weight concerns, medical issues (such as eating disorders, diabetes and heart disease), sports nutrition, and digestive health.
- Corporate wellness: nutrition strategy and digital learning for time-strapped employees and a healthier workplace to reduce health benefit costs, disability costs, absenteeism, safety concerns, lost productivity, stress, and health concerns.
- Food and grocery Industry: trends, needs and concerns of consumers and how the food and grocery industry can better serve health conscious consumers and those struggling with their health.
Request an interview
Since 2000, we have developed extensive experience as credible Registered Dietitian nutrition experts for the local and national media. We are also media experts for our professional association, Dietitians of Canada and the recipient of the Dietitians of Canada award: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education.
- Visit our YouTube channel for samples of many TV interviews.
- For writing samples visit our Blog.
- For consumer nutrition story ideas subscribe to our free weekly: Sound Bites Newsletter.
- For corporate wellness story ideas subscribe to our free quarterly: EnerTHRIVE! Newsletter.
To book an interview with one of our Registered Dietitians / Online Nutritionists:
As seen in
Our Team Bios:
Read our Calgary Dietitian / Online Nutritionist Team bios: OUR TEAM
Social Media Handles
- Health Stand Nutrition:
- Blog: healthstandnutrition.com/blog
- Sound Bites Newsletter (personal nutrition, articles, videos and recipes)
- EnerTHRIVE Newsletter (workplace wellness newsletter for employers)
- Andrea Holwegner
“Andrea Holwegner is a leading expert in the field of nutrition. After numerous successful television segments on Global Morning News, we asked her to be a regular monthly guest expert. Andrea has continued to bring forward current issues and topics relevant to our viewers. She understands media, comes well prepared, and is both entertaining and energetic. We look forward to continued work with her as a regular guest on our show. Thanks Andrea!”
Angela Kokott, Host
Global Morning News Calgary TV
“Andrea Holwegner consistently writes informative, intelligent and relatable columns about diet and nutrition that are relevant for readers of the Calgary Herald. She brings a voice of expertise that is also relatable, reasonable and engaging, and her columns regularly appear among the most read stories on the Herald website.”
Tom Babin, Features Editor (Arts & Life, Swerve, Travel)
Postmedia News, Calgary Herald Newspaper
“Andrea Holwegner has been a welcome addition to the Weekly Check-up feature – in the Health section at CBCNews.ca. Her insightful writing speaks to our audience: she explains the complexities of food and nutrition in a way that anyone can understand. Whether she’s talking about simple steps you can take to avoid packing on calories or offering advice on how to get healthy school lunches into your child, you will learn something that you can apply in your everyday life. Her writing is crisp, concise, to the point – she provides news you can truly use.”
Peter Hadzipetros, Consumer/Health Producer
CBC News Online
“Fleishman-Hillard Canada worked with Andrea Holwegner on a Canada-wide media tour. Fleishman-Hillard Canada was engaged in June to conduct a media tour in July. This was exceptionally tight timing, especially given that our client’s national mandate meant that we targeted eleven English-speaking markets. Throughout, Andrea was accommodating, professional and an exemplary spokesperson. Her passion for healthy living, paired with her confident and enthusiastic delivery resulted in extremely positive, well-messaged coverage. We look forward to working with her again.”
Anne Yourt, Associate Vice President, Marketing Communications
Fleishman-Hillard Canada, Toronto
“Since 2012 Registered Dietitian Andrea Holwegner has been a regular contributor on CTV Morning Live. She has informed our viewers on trendy and timely topics from how to lose those last five pounds, to the most asked questions on carbs and sugar. Her segments are not only very informative but her visual displays are top-notch. She is easy to work with, is well prepared and has never been late. I would recommend her for her own TV gig any time!”
Neena Gill, Producer
CTV Morning Live TV
Ready to discover your food freedom?
Give our Online Nutritionists and Dietitians in Calgary a call to discuss your nutrition needs...