It’s that time of year again where everyone is hitting the grocery store looking for fun ideas for lunches to beat the brown bag blahs.
10 lunch ideas for kids:
Here are some healthy lunch ideas to get you started. Be sure to also pack an ice pack to keep lunches cold and a water bottle to keep kids hydrated.
- Whole grain crackers, slices of cheese, hard-boiled egg, raw carrots and celery, applesauce cup, grapes, almonds (only if nuts are permitted in your child’s school).
- Thermos of leftover meat/vegetarian chili from the night before, whole wheat bun, cucumber slices, container of milk or soy milk, orange slices.
- Pita bread and hummus, carrots, canned peaches, cottage cheese, dried fruit bar, banana.
- Thermos of leftover pasta and meat sauce from the night before, raw snap/snow peas, yogurt, grapefruit or orange slices.
- Grilled chicken or flavoured firm tofu on a bed of Romaine lettuce, caesar salad dressing in a separate container, banana muffin, canned/fresh pear.
- Whole grain wrap with meat or canned refried beans or black beans, grated cheddar cheese, salsa in separate container, yogurt tube, raisins, unsweetened juice box.
- Whole grain crackers, salsa, guacamole, broccoli and cauliflower, veggie dip, mango or watermelon slices.
- Bran muffin, cheese cubes, canned/fresh pineapple, thermos of vegetable soup, popcorn.
- Flavored tuna, whole grain crackers or wrap, lettuce and red/green peppers, kiwi or strawberries, container of milk.
- Pasta salad with chicken or meat/cheese, whole wheat pasta, red/green peppers, broccoli, and cherry/grape tomatoes with salad dressing, cantaloupe or honeydew melon slices, craisins
Thanks for reading!
“The Chocoholic Dietitian”