Best Ever Banana Bread: Easy Recipe
Enjoy this simple family favourite recipe
I’ve tried many banana bread recipes but this easy recipe is a family favourite! We always make a double batch in my household so we can enjoy some fresh and some sliced from the freezer for healthy snacks on the go.
Makes 1 loaf (12 servings)
What you need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large or 4 medium overripe mashed bananas
optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
How you make:
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flours, baking soda and salt and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the mashed bananas (and nuts or chocolate chips if you are using them).
- Pour batter into a greased 9 by 5 by 3 inch bread or loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrients per serving (without walnuts or chocolate chips):
33 g carbohydrates
4 g protein
9.2 g fat
1.7 g fibre
We hope you’ve enjoyed this easy banana bread recipe!
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more