Best Ever Banana Bread: Easy Recipe Print
Enjoy this simple family favourite recipe
I’ve tried many banana bread recipes but this easy recipe is a family favourite! We always make a double batch in my household so we can enjoy some fresh and some sliced from the freezer for healthy snacks on the go.
Makes 1 loaf (12 servings)
What you need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large or 4 medium overripe mashed bananas
optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
How you make:
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flours, baking soda and salt and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the mashed bananas (and nuts or chocolate chips if you are using them).
- Pour batter into a greased 9 by 5 by 3 inch bread or loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrients per serving (without walnuts or chocolate chips):
33 g carbohydrates
4 g protein
9.2 g fat
1.7 g fibre
We hope you’ve enjoyed this easy banana bread recipe!