Black Bean Tortilla Stack
Great southern flavour! This recipe is fun to make and fun to eat too!
Makes 6 servings
1 cup salsa (or more!)
2 cups cheese (feta or cheddar)
1 package of flour tortilla shells (~8)
1 chopped large onion
2 cans black beans (you can also use any kind of your favorite beans instead)
How you prepare:
- Spray one spring form pan or two pie plates with oil. Drain and rinse beans.
- Sauté onions in a bit of oil and mix with beans.
- Place a tortilla at the bottom of pan/pie plate.
- Put a layer of bean mixture on top of shell, a layer of salsa, a layer of cheese and then a tortilla shell and repeat layers until bean mixture is gone.
- Top with a tortilla shell and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Optional: add cooked kernel corn, red/green pepper, and jalapeño peppers.
Carbohydrates 51 g
Protein 22 g
Fat 17 g
Dietary Fiber 9 g
Makes 6 Servings