Canada’s NEW Food Guide, Food Label & More
Canada’s Food Guide
Today the Minister of Health announced there are changes ahead for Canada’s healthy eating policies.
Although the information provided today is vague, a rough vision regarding the changes that will take several years to flush out and launch can be found here:
HOPEFULLY, we can all look forward to:
- a new more useful Canada Food Guide
- revision to how food is marketed to kids
- elimination of manmade trans fats in foods
- changes regarding nutrition strategy for sodium, sugar, food colors and more
- standardization of front-of-package food labels
- and more!