Canada’s NEW Food Guide, Food Label & More
Canada’s Food Guide
Today the Minister of Health announced there are changes ahead for Canada’s healthy eating policies.
Although the information provided today is vague, a rough vision regarding the changes that will take several years to flush out and launch can be found here:
HOPEFULLY, we can all look forward to:
- a new more useful Canada Food Guide
- revision to how food is marketed to kids
- elimination of manmade trans fats in foods
- changes regarding nutrition strategy for sodium, sugar, food colors and more
- standardization of front-of-package food labels
- and more!
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocolate Loving Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more