Chocolate Brownie Date Bites
Naturally sweet easy chocolate brownie date bites
Makes 12-18 balls
What You Need
Chocolate Brownie Date Bite Ingredients
- 1 cups oats
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (approx. 8 large)
- 1/2 cup flax seeds (can be already ground)
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup nuts (raw pecans or walnuts)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 1/3 dark chocolate cups
How to Make the Chocolate Brownie Date Bites Recipe
- Add the first 9 ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until all ingredients are blended and oats are finely chopped.
- Slowly add water until the mixture sticks together and forms a ‘dough’ like consistency but not too wet. You may not need all the water required. If dough becomes too wet you can add more oats. Add chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
- Using your hands roll into golf ball size bites. You can press into parchment lined pan to cut into squares for easier shaping.
- Place in an air tight container and enjoy fresh or these can be frozen for future use.
Nutrients per serving (18 balls):
12 g Carbohydrates
3.8 g Protein
7 g Fat
3 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes and nutrition articles and sign up for our weekly newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more delicious and healthy snack ideas? We got them!
Registered Dietitian & Online Nutritionist - Weight Concerns, Women’s Health, Diabetes & Meal Planning
The first thing you will notice about Shauna is her contagious optimism, energetic personality and zest. Shauna loves teaching and has a heart full of compassion and empathy for helping clients work through health concerns. Shauna specializes in healthy cooking, diabetes, cardiovascular health, weight concerns and womens health. Read more