- Professional & Established: We are one of the most established Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist offices in the city of Calgary. Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. has been successfully operating since 2000. Our top referral source for nutrition counselling is by referrals from respected family physicians, clinical psychologists and health professionals in the Calgary area that value our approach, professionalism and results. We have a spacious, confidential consulting office that will make you feel comfortable when discussing personal goals and concerns. Our office is centrally located with good access to affordable parking.
- Customization and Follow-Up: Our services specialize in personalizing plans just for you. Since there are a million and one ways to eat, following a book, internet plan or a group program often will likely not address your own preferences and needs. We believe working one-on-one with each person is the best way to achieve success and ideas you can sustain for the long term. We also know that in order for you to achieve results a single nutrition counselling session won’t work. Since we have worked with hundreds of people since the year 2000 we have set up our three programs to address your needs.
- Qualified Nutrition Experts: You can be assured you will be working with a nutrition expert – a Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian. A “Registered Nutritionist,” “Registered Dietitian” or “Dietitian” has completed a Bachelor’s degree specializing in foods and nutrition and an accredited internship or a graduate degree. This title is protected by law under provincial legislation so that only qualified practitioners who have met education requirements and adequate continual education and licensing can use the title Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian. We make sure you are getting advice that is current, credible, and scientifically based. For more information on the training and legislation of our profession visit: the College of Dietitians of Alberta. Note that the single word “Nutritionist” is not a protected title by law and may not ensure you are working with a qualified expert.
- Added Value! Not only do we provide you with personalized nutrition counselling, you can count on us for many other added resources, newsletters and tools we have developed over the years to facilitate learning. We are constantly updating our resource bank as well as subscriptions to research updates and databases to make sure you have the most current up-to-date information. We work in a team environment to share best practices, experience and solutions.
A doctor’s referral is not required to book an appointment. If you have complex medical issues it is ideal to have your doctor provide us with a referral note to update us on your medical situation so we can best take care of your needs. With your permission (signed) we can collaborate with your doctor, psychologist or other health professional to ensure we are all working well as a team.
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are the only regulated health professionals in the field of nutrition. Dietitians are qualified to offer Canadians trust-worthy, science-based food and nutrition advice tailored to their health goals, preferences, and lifestyles.
In the province of Alberta, Registered Nutritionists/Dietitians are classified as an “Authorized Medical Practitioner” as shown on the Canada Revenue Agency website. What this means is that you can save your receipts and supply them to your accountant for a non-refundable tax credit.
Many private medical insurance plans and health spending accounts cover nutrition counselling by a Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian? Check your plan to see what is covered for you. Since every insurance company has different policies, please be sure to check with them regarding nutritionist coverage per session and per year. We do not direct bill to insurance companies but will provide you with a detailed receipt that includes our Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian practice permit number, description of service, dates of counselling sessions and consulting fee breakdown per hour.
If your plan does not cover the services of a Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian:
- Talk to your insurance broker and ask for dietitians to be added to your employee health insurance plan.
- Check out this brief with evidence on why employee extended health care plans should include dietitian services
- Infographic on why insurance companies should cover the services of a registered dietitian to provide to your employer, union rep, or HR department and ask them to add dietitian services to your employee health insurance plan.
- We have drafted the following paragraph for you to cut and paste into a letter. We appreciate your support and voice to help with this!
To Human Resources Department or Union Representative:
My health is important to me and I want to benefit from the services a Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian can provide. When you are negotiating our company’s renewal for medical insurance coverage for our benefits plan, I would strongly urge you to consider adding coverage for Registered Nutritionists/Dietitians who are regulated health professionals under the Health Professions Act. For more information about the profession visit The College of Dietitians of Alberta. Registered Dietitians (RDs) are the only regulated health professionals in the field of nutrition. Dietitians are qualified to offer Canadians trust-worthy, science-based food and nutrition advice tailored to their health goals, preferences, and lifestyles.
Thank you for considering this important health issue.
We are all working moms with busy family schedules and therefore offer nutrition counselling appointments between 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
While wait times do vary based on your availability and ours, typically within 1-2 weeks your nutritionist can begin working with you on your program. Want to get started? Contact us to book an appointment.
Although our office is modern and renovated, due to the fact that our office is located on the second floor of a historic building built in the early 1900’s there is no elevator. Our office is accessible only by stairs and therefore we are not able to accommodate clients that have difficulty with stairs. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience but we would be happy to refer you to a colleague that can offer you nutrition counselling.
No problem! We can arrange to do your nutrition counselling sessions on the phone by having you call your nutritionist at your scheduled appointment time or through Skype. We will also send you the key resources that will benefit you through email and/or the mail.
Living outside of Calgary in Red Deer, Lethbridge or Edmonton? Maybe you live in Saskatoon, Vancouver, Ottawa or Montreal, or cannot make it to our office for nutrition counselling. We can help!
We are like many business coaches and life coaches that never meet their clients face to face. Canada wide we can help you with nutrition counselling from British Columbia to Ontario to Nova Scotia… from Victoria to Winnipeg to St John’s… we can offer you the same confidential and high quality service from the convenience of your home or office.
So, even if you are in Regina, Saskatchewan or Toronto, Ontario, or holidaying in Hawaii we can help!