Cranberry Pistachio Baked Brie
This festive baked brie is the perfect appetizer to serve for the holidays!
Recipe from Gimme Some Oven.
Looking for a fun and festive appetizer to serve during the holidays? This holiday-inspired baked brie is sure to get you or your guests in the holiday spirit! Featuring fresh pops of cranberries and pistachios this appetizer doesn’t miss a beat. Pockets of velvety, creamy brie paired with your favourite cracker and sweet orange-scented cranberries make the perfect pairing, not to mention the colour combination of red from the cranberries and green from the pistachios is a fun way to mix up a classic baked brie recipe.
Our time should be spent with our loved ones during the holidays, soaking in special moments. This baked brie recipe comes together in minutes, leaving more time for the ones that matter most. What holiday traditions does your family celebrate? Let us know in the comments below and if you try this cranberry pistachio baked brie recipe during the holiday season!
Makes 8 servings
What You Need
Cranberry Pistachio Baked Brie Ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- zest of one orange, divided
- 1 wheel brie (8 oz or 226 g)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- (crackers for serving)
How you make Cranberry Pistachio Baked Brie:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add cranberries, sugar, water and about half of the orange zest to a medium saucepan, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and place the brie in the center of the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and just begins to ooze out the side. Transfer baked brie to a serving tray. Then top with the cranberry sauce, and sprinkle with pistachios and remaining orange zest.
- Serve immediately with crackers.
Nutrients per serving:
18 g Carbohydrates
8 g Protein
11 g Fat
2 g Fibre
Looking for more simple holiday-inspired healthy recipes?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favourites. Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter
Check out more fall soup recipes on the blog here:
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/