Congratulations to the team over at the Eating Disorder Support Network of Alberta (EDSNA) on their recent website launch! www.eatingdisordersupportnetwork ofalberta.com. This is a great resource for many families, and we are proud to introduce the EDSNA to you.
The dream of EDSNA is to provide a network of effective and meaningful support initiatives for individuals affected by Eating Disorders in Alberta. EDSNA is committed to inspiring hope, reducing stigma, raising awareness, building connections and offering meaningful help at all stages of recovery. Here is some information about the EDSNA:
- One of the primary goals of EDSNA is to provide facilitated group support programming for those directly affected by eating disorders, as well as their loved ones. Ideally we will be able to secure permanent facilities in Edmonton and Calgary and potentially other Alberta communities as the need demands.
- We also would like to create a platform for treatment professionals to interconnect in order to facilitate the right treatment by the right professional at the right time. Eating disorders are such complex illnesses that no one approach can be right for everyone.
- Creating a province wide organization will create a community that is large enough to have a strong voice when advocating for improved treatment and programming for eating disorders as well as prevention and early intervention programming with the general public.
- We are committed to providing a network of effective and meaningful support initiatives for individuals affected by Eating Disorders.
- We are committed to inspiring hope, reducing stigma, raising awareness, building connections and offering meaningful help at all stages of recovery to those affected by Eating Disorders.
- Maintain a comprehensive and current list of treatment resources in Alberta and western Canada
- Advocate for improved funding and greater access
- Ensure that ability to pay is never a barrier to accessing services offered through EDSNA
- Provide / facilitate support groups for those dealing with eating disorders as well as family and friends of those dealing with eating disorders
- Maintain current and comprehensive listing of reference materials
- Foster and maintain a platform for treatment professionals involved in the treatment of Eating Disorders to encourage collaboration, networking, mentoring, improved care, and cross referrals.
- Provide presentations to interested groups (youth, parents, teachers, community groups, athletic associations) to encourage prevention, decrease stigma, raise hope with regard to eating disorders.
- Ensure continuing education within EDSNA to ensure knowledge of best practices
- Foster continuing education of treatment professionals
Programs are tailored to client needs – respectful of individual diversity
There is not one cause for eating disorders therefore there is not one solution that will be right for everyone
EDSNA is a support network – not a treatment organization
Who do we serve?
1) Individuals dealing directly with an Eating Disorder
2) Family and loved ones of those dealing directly with an Eating Disorder
3) Professional Care Givers
4) General Public
Read more about the EDSNA here: www.eatingdisordersupportnetworkofalberta.com
Like the EDSNA’s Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/EatingDisorderSupportNetworkOfAlberta