Poached Fish Recipe in a Tomato Basil Sauce
A simple 30-minute recipe, perfect for an easy and healthy weeknight meal
Recipe from TheHealthyFoodie
This simply made dish of poached fish in a tomato basil sauce is a great option when you need something that’s easy to digest, full of nutrients and is hassle-free to make in no more than 30 minutes. Pair it with rice, quinoa, couscous, a light salad or steamed veggies! Bon Appetit!
Makes 4 Servings
What You Need
Poached Fish Recipe in a Tomato Basil Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 – 6oz frozen white fish fillets of your choice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ cup sodium-reduced chicken stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine (or use more chicken stock)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
How to Make the Poached Fish Recipe in a Tomato Basil Sauce
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper in a fry pan, set over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to turn soft and start to blister.
- Add the chicken stock, white wine (if using), frozen fish fillets and chopped basil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the fish is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with an additional handful of chopped basil and serve over a bed of rice, couscous or quinoa, if desired.
If you tried this simple Poached Fish Recipe in a Tomato Basil Sauce, let us know your thoughts down below in the comments or tag us on Facebook and Instagram @healthstandnutrition! We’d love to see how it turned out for you.
Nutrients per serving
6 g Carbohydrates
32 g Protein
2 g Fat
1 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition articles and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more ways to cook fish? Check out these recipes!
Registered Dietitian & Online Nutritionist - Weight Concerns, Women’s Health, Diabetes & Meal Planning
The first thing you will notice about Shauna is her contagious optimism, energetic personality and zest. Shauna loves teaching and has a heart full of compassion and empathy for helping clients work through health concerns. Shauna specializes in healthy cooking, diabetes, cardiovascular health, weight concerns and womens health. Read more