The Pursuit of Healthiness
Achieve health without guilt or complexity
Key benefit: Improve overall health & wellness; reduce health costs
Andrea’s most popular keynote!
Andrea has a mission to help you achieve health without guilt and complexity. Food and eating is much like life; when you are having fun, you will be successful. You don’t need complicated plans and a huge amount of time or resources. You also don’t need to sacrifice your favorites to improve your wellness.
Nutrition plays an important role in preventing and reducing obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, stress, burnout and more. Andrea will discuss the most important changes you can make to what or how you are eating that has profound changes to your health, energy and weight management.
Andrea will wrap relevant content and solutions in an entertaining, humorous session and show you that you can achieve more of what really matters to you in your life. Better health, life balance, stress management and workplace productivity are all within your reach. You will enjoy her refreshing approach that you needn’t be perfect to achieve good health (she is the Chocoholic Nutritionist after all!).
Key Learning Objectives:
- Nutrition and eating habits can have a profound impact on your overall health, wellness and stress as well as workplace productivity, safety, confidence and creativity.
- Achieving good health and optimal energy can be simple.
- Start the day off right. Why breakfast matters, what you can learn from sumo wrestlers and how to score a perfect ten on your first meal of the day.
- Use the KISS principle (keep ingesting something silly). The pros and cons of gorgers and grazers and becoming a go-getter that eats on time.
- BMW (balanced meals work). Understand healthy meal planning and how to avoid feeling like your energy is on a rollercoaster.
- Watch portion distortion. Gain insight into the tricks marketers use to increase how much you eat and become empowered to shift portion sizes to improve your wellness and weight management.
- Think in 3’s. Andrea’s simple yet powerful mantra to wrap up the most important things to do when it comes to improving your health, energy and ability to manage a healthy weight.
- Food and eating should be fun! You don’t need to sacrifice your favorites to be successful.
- Corporations that need to improve their bottom line related to the high costs for health benefits, medications, sick leaves, burn out and turnover of your employees.
- Corporations and government groups that have found unfavorable health data from HRA (health risk assessment) and biometric screening such as a high number of employees who are obese, overweight or have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and other health issues.
- Oil and gas industry that need fresh pertinent topics for mandatory health and safety meetings for corporate and field sites.
- Associations that have members with high-stress jobs, heavy work demands and health challenges.
- Health care providers that help others day to day and you want to give back to them with an event or retreat for personal development.
- Corporations that value the health and wellness of their employees and/or have a workplace wellness program they want to enhance.
- Spousal events as part of a company event or conference that will cover a fun, and educational topic of personal and family relevance.
- Food, restaurant, grocer or agricultural industry event or conference that could benefit from nutrition education both personally and professionally.
- Women’s event, retreat or conference that requires a woman motivational speaker that can provide a mix of both pertinent content and entertainment.
- Health association events or fundraisers where a fresh, hopeful and fun perspective on health and wellness would be a natural fit.
- Breakout session as part of a non-wellness focused event where a session on health and wellness is required to round out the highly technical or industry specific event.
- Shift workers and employees that travel for their job that often struggle with energy, safety concerns and health challenges.
- Sales teams that could benefit from better health, energy and weight management which helps improve personal confidence and resiliency.
- Executive or management meeting or retreat that needs a portion of the event devoted to personal development to balance out a heavy planning meeting.
- Leaders and entrepreneurs that have achieved significant business success but want to have the health and vitality they need to enjoy their personal time.
45-90 minute keynote or breakout
3-4 hour half-day workshop/retreat
6-8 hour full-day workshop/retreat
*Note: Alternative title option for this session is Bite-sized Changes for Supersized Results Guilt-free nutrition for better energy, health & weight management
Download Andrea’s full speaker kit here: PDF