Workplace Nutrition Initiatives
Boost Employee Health & Productivity
(Exclusively for HR professionals, Health & Safety Managers, Benefit Providers and anyone responsible for employee wellness).
Key Benefit: Enhanced workplace wellness, health & safety programs; improve employee health & productivity.
Nutrition is one of the most important yet neglected components of health and safety initiatives and workplace wellness programs.
This session will boost your knowledge on nutrition to enhance employee health and productivity. Nutrition plays an important role in preventing and reducing obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, stress, burnout and more. Supporting healthy employee eating habits also plays a role in reducing the high cost of employee benefits, medications, sick leaves and poor productivity. Nutrition is one of the most important areas you need to focus on to address unfavourable results in health risk assessments and biometric screening.
Andrea will review top strategies for HR professionals to use when building successful nutrition initiatives in your workplace. She will discuss what organizations can do to improve the cardiovascular health, weight management and productivity of their employees through nutrition. She will also discuss case studies about initiatives that are working to shift nutrition habits in the organizations she is working with regularly.
Andrea has a mission to help organizations achieve health without guilt and complexity. Food and eating is much like life; when your team is having fun, they will be successful. Your employees don’t need complicated plans and a huge amount of time or resources. They also don’t need to sacrifice their favourites to improve wellness. You will enjoy her refreshing approach that you needn’t be perfect to achieve good health (she is the Chocoholic Nutritionist after all!).
Key Learning Objectives:
- Achieving good health and optimal energy can be simple. Food and eating should be fun! You don’t need employees to sacrifice their favorites to be successful.
- Nutrition and eating habits can have a profound impact on employee health, wellness and stress as well as workplace productivity, safety, confidence and creativity.
- Nutrition is one of the most important areas to focus on to address unfavourable results in health risk assessments and biometric screening.
- There are many top strategies and successful nutrition initiatives geared to improving employee wellness that can be adapted or borrowed for your organization.
- Employee Baggage: review the biggest barriers getting in the way for employees to achieve a healthy lifestyle and eat well. Explore the various ways employees define health and healthy eating.
- 3 Bull’s Eye Targets: learn the three key target groups all organizations should consider when developing workplace initiatives.
- Learn the biggest mistakes program planners make when developing and launching nutrition initiatives and practical ideas on how to make them successful.
- Leadership Baggage: explore the barriers your organization leaders may have when you want to launch new initiatives and how to get them to approve the budget and engaged in participating themselves.
- Take home 8 of the best workplace nutrition practices and dozens of ideas for initiatives to consider.
HR Professionals, Health & Safety Managers, Benefit Providers and anyone responsible for employee wellness.
- 45-90 minute keynote or breakout
- 3-4 hour half-day workshop/retreat
- 6-8 hour full-day workshop/retreat
Download Andrea’s full speaker kit here: PDF