CEO (Chief Energy Officer), Online Course Facilitator & Professional Speaker
Nutrition expert Andrea Holwegner is the energetic founder and president of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc., based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Since 2000, she has counseled hundreds of individuals, including Olympic athletes, CEOs and families, on the benefits of healthy eating. Andrea spearheads a team of highly trained and experienced dietitians within her practice. She is also known as the chocoholic nutritionist, believing anyone can achieve health without guilt or complexity, and that the secret to success is having fun.
Andrea is the creator of a one-of-a-kind online nutrition program The Pursuit of HealthinessTM that focuses on helping busy people and time-strapped employees in companies achieve better health, meal planning success and move towards their personal best weight.
Andrea is one of a handful of Registered Dietitians in North America who are qualified professional speakers. She knows how to deliver relevant content mixed with humor and fun, capturing corporate, association and government audiences with a buzz that’s better than caffeine! Her simple ideas elevate productivity, work-life balance and health in a wide range of corporate, government and association audiences.
Andrea is a regular guest in the media and has been an on-air expert for Global Calgary Morning News, Breakfast Television, CTV Morning News, QR77 Radio and CBC News. She has written for the Calgary Herald newspaper and has been interviewed by CBC Radio in almost every province in Canada.
As a consultant on health trends and spokesperson for the food, grocery and restaurant industry, companies such as the healthy smoothie franchise Jugo Juice work and AG/Buy-Low Foods work with Andrea for her understanding of health-conscious consumers and to enhance credibility of marketing initiatives. Andrea is also the nutrition consultant for Brightpath Early Learning Inc., a publicly-traded company and leader in Canadian childcare.
Packed with knowledge, Andrea has/is:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition & Food Sciences and Dietetic Internship from the University of Alberta.
- A certified Craving Change™ expert specializing in strategies for problematic and emotional eating
- A member of the Dietitians of Canada, the College of Dietitians of Alberta, the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers and the Global Speakers Federation
- A member of the Employee Health Insurance Advisory Committee and Private Practice Interest Group for the Dietitians of Canada
- Recipient of a regional award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education.
In her spare time, Andrea enjoys skiing and mountain biking in the Canadian Rockies. As a foodie she also adores sipping wine with her husband over a delicious meal. Most of all, she loves being a mom and playing in the dirt in the vegetable garden she grows with her son.
- Download Andrea’s FULL Bio here
- View Andrea’s LinkedIn profile here
- Visit Andrea’s Facebook Page here
- Visit Andrea’s Instagram account here
- Visit Andrea’s Twitter account here
- Visit Andrea’s YouTube account here
- Visit Andrea’s Pinterest account here
- View Andrea’s Awards here