Work With Us
We are currently not hiring. However, we love hearing from people who may be a fit for our future growth. Feel free to send us an application that we can keep on file.
When we do hire, this is what we would be looking for.
Private Practice Nutrition Counselling
This is a unique opportunity for a dietitian that has always dreamed of working in private practice but due to family and work commitments has not been able to start a business. This opportunity is a perfect fit for a parent raising a family that would like to work part-time or a mature dietitian that has had a full career in the field of dietetics and is looking for a change or meaningful supplemental work.
- Independent contractor consulting dietitian
- General nutrition counselling dietitian for weight loss, emotional eating, meal planning, family nutrition, menopause and overall healthy eating for prevention and treatment of common lifestyle issues or chronic disease such as heart health, diabetes and common digestive issues.
- Availability 2 days per week for bookings. Booking times are during normal work day hours (no evenings or weekends).
Benefits of this nutrition counselling opportunity:
- Training and mentorship is provided for this role in the beginning alongside the ongoing support of your peers since we have a very collaborative team of dietitians that work together.
- Part-time hours and the ability to organize client bookings at flexible times that works around your personal, family and vacation schedule.
- Work within an established private practice of 20 years that manages the time and financial cost of business (generating referrals, centrally located office space including parking, advertising, marketing, website maintenance, photocopier, business system forms/charts/education handouts, office phone/fax/wireless internet connection, client payment system and more).
- Earn higher hourly fees than traditional dietitian public health rates.
- Work with highly motivated clients that are committed to health and want to change their lifestyle. Experience the reward of watching people change and grow over time because of your ongoing counselling advice since you will create longer term relationships than most other dietitian roles.
- 5-10 or more years of dietitian experience in any area.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Alberta.
- Member of Dietitians of Canada with malpractice insurance (or willingness to join/add).
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching, communication and leadership skills. Strong ability to translate the complex science of nutrition into practical, easy to understand messages for the general public.
- Confident, encouraging, highly energetic and keen to motivate clients.
- Enjoys meal planning, cooking and creative solutions using a non-dieting approach for a variety of lifestyles and nutrition challenges.
- Last but not least, we want someone that is a team player and likes to have fun!
Application Submission Details:
EMAIL your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Andrea Holwegner, CEO Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc.
In addition to your resume and cover letter please be sure to also attach an additional page that answers the following questions:
- What prompted you to apply for this position?
- After reviewing the job description and our company website what professional skills and experience do you have that you feel you can offer our business?
- After reviewing the job description and our company website what about our practice personally appealed to you?
- Do you enjoy wellness, food, cooking or some aspect of healthy living? If so how?
- What are you looking for most from an employer both personally and professionally?
- Which days and times each week are you generally available? Approximately how many hours per week would you like to work (or need to work)?
- Optional/Bonus: Do you have a blog or public social media to share?
Before submitting your application it is strongly recommended that you review our company website and get a good feel for our practice and if you would be a good fit. Visit www.healthstandnutrition.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!