Work With Us
We are hiring!
Private Practice Nutrition Counselling
Are you an experienced Dietitian with a passion for nutrition counseling? We are looking for friendly, team-oriented and collaborative consulting Dietitians to join our practice.
This is a unique opportunity for Dietitians with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and a passion for not just teaching the science of nutrition and meal planning but also an understanding of the complexities of behavior change, psychology, motivation and why we eat what we eat.
This opportunity is a perfect fit if you:
- are currently running a private practice and would like to join a collaborative team to reduce the loneliness and overwhelm that is common when working solo.
- are someone that wants to spend more time counseling right-fit clients in your specific area of expertise in the best way you know how and be able to connect with other Dietitians on a team to share best practices.
- are an individual or parent that wants flexibility and control over your schedule. You love being a Dietitian and working with clients on education and nutrition counseling (but don’t have the time or interest in the business side of running a private practice).
- Independent contractor consulting Dietitian
- Geographically located in one of the following locations:
- Calgary for virtual and in-person* appointments at our office. (*Currently with the covid-19 situation we are working from the office but seeing clients through videoconference only) OR
- Ontario, British Columbia or Quebec for virtual videoconference appointments.
- We are specifically looking for team members with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Gastrointestinal health, IBS and the low FODMAP diet
- Eating disorders
- Mental health, psychology and behavior change
- Emotional eating and weight concerns
- Family nutrition and meal planning
- Renal nutrition
- Let us know if you have an area of specialty that could complement our practice
- Booking times are flexible during normal work day hours (no evenings or weekends).
Availability 2 days or more per week for bookings.
Benefits of This Opportunity:
Work within an established private practice of 20 years that offers you support:
- Collaboration: Share best practices, resources and diverse expertise with like-minded collaborative peers.
- Right-fit Client Bookings. Receive referrals for your area of expertise from your connections, our marketing efforts and from other members of our team. Pass inquiries not in your area of expertise to someone else on our team.
- Systems: Training, mentorship and onboarding provided for this role in the beginning to provide you with a solid foundation of resources from 20 years of business (while still allowing you to bring your own personal flare, resources and favorite ways to educate).
- Flexibility: Control over your booking schedule to offer client bookings at flexible times that work around your personal, family and vacation schedule.
- Business Support: Our practice manages the time intensive and financial cost of running a business such as administration support, sales calls, physical office costs, advertising, marketing, graphic design, website costs, nutrient analysis software, accounting, electronic medical charts, secure cloud storage, compliant videoconference technology, supplies/resources, office phone/fax/internet, merchant fees etc.
- Engaged Clients: Work with highly motivated clients that are committed to health and want to change their lifestyle. Experience the reward of watching people change and grow over time because of your ongoing counselling advice since you will create longer term relationships than most other traditional Dietitian roles
- 5-10 or more years of Dietitian experience in any area.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Alberta (or equivalent in Ontario, Quebec or BC).
- Member of Dietitians of Canada with malpractice insurance (or willingness to join/add).
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching, communication and leadership skills. Strong ability to translate the complex science of nutrition into practical, easy to understand messages for the general public.
- Confident, encouraging, highly energetic and keen to motivate clients.
- Enjoys meal planning, cooking and creative solutions using a non-dieting approach for a variety of lifestyles and nutrition challenges.
- Last but not least, we want someone that is a team player and likes to have fun!
Application Submission Details:
EMAIL your application to
Attention: Andrea Holwegner, CEO, RD Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc.
Due date for application: Accepting applications as soon as possible until filled
Start date: Flexible
In addition to your resume please submit a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What prompted you to apply for this position?
- After reviewing the job description and our company website what professional skills and experience do you have that you feel you can offer our business?
- After reviewing the job description and our company website what about our practice personally appealed to you?
- Do you enjoy wellness, food, cooking or some aspect of healthy living? If so how?
- What are you looking for most from our team/practice both personally and professionally?
- Which days and times each week are you generally available? Approximately how many hours per week would you like to work (or need to work)?
- Do you have a blog or public social media to share?
Before submitting your application it is strongly recommended that you review our company website and get a good feel for our practice and if you would be a good fit. Visit www.healthstandnutrition.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!