Any personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act (PIPEDA) or Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
Health Stand takes all reasonable efforts to comply with Data Principle requirements being that data we receive is:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant for the purpose and not excessive
- not kept longer than is necessary
- processed in line with your rights
- not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
But first, a note about uploading and posting information on the Health Stand Website:
What information do we collect?
Information Provided by You:
You may provide us with certain personally identifiable information when you:
- register for a Health Stand member account;
- order products or gift certificates;
- request customer support or send us any other communication;
- sign up for newsletters, email alerts, and special offers;
- become a Contributor;
- enter sweepstakes or contests;
- sign up for, or redeem, special offers;
- respond to surveys;
- use our Email-to-a-Friend or Refer-A-Friend features; and
Such information may include your name, health information, email address, billing address, shipping address, and credit card number. You may also provide us with information about other people, such as their email addresses, if you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Health Stand Website or our promotions.
Information Collected by Cookies:
Information Collected by Web Beacons and Log Files:
Health Stand collects certain non-personally identifiable information through the use of web beacons and log files. Such information may include your IP address, browser type, site usage, and whether you opened emails you received from us.
How do we secure your information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we use commercially reasonable and generally-accepted technological safeguards to secure any information we collect about you. The secure server software we use encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. In addition, your Health Stand member account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You should always take steps to protect the confidentiality of the password you select.
How do we use information?
We use the personally identifiable information you provide to:
- provide the features and functionality of the Health Stand Website;
- fulfill your requests for our products and services;
- pay royalties and referral fees;
- communicate with you about the status of your orders and other inquiries about our products and services;
- send you information about our products and services; and
- provide notices about the results of sweepstakes, contest, and other promotions.
We use your email address to communicate with you about your account and to send you certain notification emails. You can change the frequency of those emails in your Health Stand member account settings.
We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send marketing messages without your consent. Similarly, if you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Health Stand Website or our promotions, we will use your friend’s email to send them the e-mail you requested. You and your friend’s e-mail addresses will only be used for this purpose unless permission is otherwise granted.
We use non-personally identifiable information to monitor the use and performance of the Health Stand Website so that we can learn more about how people use the Health Stand Website and improve our products and services.
Does Health Stand disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Generally, Health Stand does not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent except that:
If you sign up for a promotion (e.g., a contest or sweepstakes offer) or enroll in a service we offer in partnership with a third party, we may provide information (such as your name, email address, and account activity) to such third parties.
From time-to-time, Health Stand may provide its contributors with the first name and city/state/country of residence of Health Stand customers who have purchased such contributor’s products.
Health Stand may also release information (including your name, addresses, telephone number, and account activity) when we, in our sole discretion believe that such release is necessary or appropriate to:
- comply with law;
- comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government investigations, or other legal process;
- enforce or apply the terms of any of our user or license agreements;
- investigate or respond to allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity
- investigate fraud or similar claims; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Health Stand, our users, or others.
In the event that Health Stand is acquired by, or merged with, another company Health Stand reserves the right to transfer all information we have collected from our users in connection with such acquisition or merger.
Health Stand may disclose non-personally-identifiable information to third parties in aggregate form to potential business partners and investors.
How can I change, delete, or update my information?
Most of your account information can be changed in the Health Stand member section of the Health Stand Website. If you have any questions about what information is stored or would like to obtain a copy of such information, please contact us at Privacy c/o Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. Suite 200, 5800 – 2 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. After receiving proof of your identity, we will provide the information to you, and you may request that we delete or change any or all of the information.