Nova Scotia Hodge Podge Recipe Print
Nova Scotia Hodge Podge Recipe
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup yellow beans, trimmed
- 1 cup peas
- 10 baby carrots, cut into halves
- 4 potatoes, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or milk alternative)
How to make:
- Place beans, peas, carrots and milk in a medium-sized pot. Add some salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer, checking often.
- Add the potatoes, butter and cream. Simmer for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Taste and then season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
Serves 4 – per serving:
- Calories – 535
- Protein – 18.6 g
- Carbohydrates – 51 g
- Fat – 26 g
- Fibre 15.6