7 Ways with Asparagus
Here are a few tasty ways to enjoy the fresh asparagus in the grocery store. Asparagus is a delicious spring vegetable, and is often found at a great price this time of year.
- Grill in the BBQ with olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar before serving. Turn frequently, and season with your favourite spices. Think of new flavour options like seasoning salt, or a steak spice rub.
- Steam asparagus and serve with a wedge of lemon and fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Toss leftover grilled asparagus on a pizza, pasta, casserole, panini or quesadilla.
- Brush asparagus lightly with olive oil and sprinke with pepper. Roll around a small piece of prosciutto, a thin small piece of Asiago or other strong cheese and bake in the oven until tender.
- In a stir-fry. Cut into bite sized pieces, and add with your favourite vegetables, meat and sauce combination!
- In an omelette. This is a great use for leftover steamed or sautéed asparagus. Or just steam some up, and add to an omelette. Eggs and asparagus are a tasty match.
- In a pasta salad. Boil your favourite noodles, and toss with bite-sized steamed asparagus pieces, cherry tomatoes, and pesto for a quick side dish that tastes like the best of spring.