Apple Dijon Pork and Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
The perfect union of sweet and savory
Having tried a couple of similar recipes, Dietitian Kristin Stringer decided to create her own version of these one-pan meals. Incorporating sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, and boneless pork chops, this is a simple, yet elegant meal that made the whole family happy. She doubled this recipe for her family, added some roast potatoes and fresh sliced vegetables, and there was not a single morsel leftover.
*re-shared from 2017*
Makes 4 servings
What you need:
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 large apple (Granny Smith is wonderful, but use what you have)
- 1 medium to large sweet potato
- 3 large carrots
- marinade for pork (see below)
Ingredients for Marinade/Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of apple juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- rosemary (1.5 tsp dried, or more to taste)
How to prepare:
- Mix and pour most of mix over pork chops, and let sit for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop carrots, sweet potatoes, and apples into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the chopped carrots, sweet potatoes, and apples with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and remainder of the marinade, and spread on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Add marinated pork chops, and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 425 degrees.
Per serving (includes marinade):
- Calories: 355
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fat: 15g
- Fibre: 5g
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites.
Sound Bites is written by the experienced Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Find out why over 10,000 people subscribe to this rich resource!
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/