Apple Poppyseed Coleslaw Recipe
Apple poppyseed coleslaw recipe
This is a nice side salad to serve with pulled pork or a grilled chicken breast on a bun.
Makes 6 servings
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced/shredded (or coleslaw salad blend)
- 1 large carrot, julienne/grated
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 apples, chopped
- 3 tbsp finely diced parsley
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- In a small bowl stir together the poppy seed dressing.
- In a large bowl assemble the salad ingredients.
- Toss the dressing over the salad and refrigerate for an hour or more before serving.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe)
- Calories – 228
- Protein – 2 g
- Carbohydrates – 23 g
- Fat – 15 g
- Fibre – 4.2 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocolate Loving Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more