Asian Beef Burgers
These Beef Burgers are so much more than just kid-fare. All dressed up with one of the Terrific Toppers featured in the recipe and these beef burgers make a most memorable meal!
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Beef – www.makeitbeef.ca
Makes 4 burgers/servings Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
What you need:
1 lb (0.45 kg) Ground Beef
1/4 cup (50 mL) Oatmeal
2 Green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp (30 mL) Soy sauce, light
1 tbsp (15 mL) Finely grated ginger root
1 Lightly beaten egg
1/4 tsp (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper
How you prepare:
- Lightly combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, soy sauce, ginger root, egg, salt and pepper.
- Gently form into four 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick patties.
- Grill over medium-high heat on lightly oiled grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty reads 160°F (71°C).
Carbohydrates: 7 g Protein: 25 g Fat: 16 g Good source of iron (23% DV) and excellent source of zinc (59% DV), 30% DV sodium.
- Terrific Toppers: Make a burger buffet, by serving your burgers with a selection of tangy homemade toppings.
- Pineapple Pepper Salsa: Combine 1 cup (250 mL) small pineapple chunks, 1 sweet red pepper (chopped), 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced red onion, 1 jalapeno papper (seeded and minced), 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH lime juice, olive oil and minced fresh cilantro and 1/4 cup (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper.
- Fresh Cucumber Pickle: Combine 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced English cucumber, 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH minced fresh dill and rice vinegar, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH salt, granulated sugar and chili pepper flakes.
- Wasabi Mustard: Combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) Dijon mustard and 2 tsp (10 mL) wasabi paste.
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more