Asian Beef Burgers
These Beef Burgers are so much more than just kid-fare. All dressed up with one of the Terrific Toppers featured in the recipe and these beef burgers make a most memorable meal!
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Beef – www.makeitbeef.ca
Makes 4 burgers/servings Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
What you need:
1 lb (0.45 kg) Ground Beef
1/4 cup (50 mL) Oatmeal
2 Green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp (30 mL) Soy sauce, light
1 tbsp (15 mL) Finely grated ginger root
1 Lightly beaten egg
1/4 tsp (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper
How you prepare:
- Lightly combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, soy sauce, ginger root, egg, salt and pepper.
- Gently form into four 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick patties.
- Grill over medium-high heat on lightly oiled grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty reads 160°F (71°C).
Carbohydrates: 7 g Protein: 25 g Fat: 16 g Good source of iron (23% DV) and excellent source of zinc (59% DV), 30% DV sodium.
- Terrific Toppers: Make a burger buffet, by serving your burgers with a selection of tangy homemade toppings.
- Pineapple Pepper Salsa: Combine 1 cup (250 mL) small pineapple chunks, 1 sweet red pepper (chopped), 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced red onion, 1 jalapeno papper (seeded and minced), 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH lime juice, olive oil and minced fresh cilantro and 1/4 cup (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper.
- Fresh Cucumber Pickle: Combine 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced English cucumber, 2 tbsp (30 mL) EACH minced fresh dill and rice vinegar, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH salt, granulated sugar and chili pepper flakes.
- Wasabi Mustard: Combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) Dijon mustard and 2 tsp (10 mL) wasabi paste.