A colorful salad rich in Vitamin A, iron, vitamin C and protein.
Makes 4 servings
12 ounces cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced or diced
3 cups cooked rice noodles (6 ounces dry)
2 cups carrots, grated or julienned
2 cups cucumbers, julienned or sliced in matchsticks
2 cups yellow or red pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup green onions, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
How you prepare:
- Stir-fry or grill chicken breast until cooked (alternatively as a time-saver use leftover chicken from the day before) and slice.
- Cook the rice noodles, rinse and set aside in a bowl.
- In separate piles on a cutting board slice/prepare carrots, cucumbers, peppers, green onions and cilantrol.
- Stir together vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss rice noodles with a small amount of vinaigrette and place in four bowls. Top each bowl with chicken, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, green onions, cilantro and peanuts and drizzle a bit more vinaigrette.