Balsamic Strawberry Asparagus Salad Recipe
This easy balsamic strawberry asparagus salad takes advantage of asparagus and strawberry season, as well as using the bbq to roast the asparagus. With a drizzle of balsamic reduction, and fresh basil, this side dish is a great blend of spring/summer flavours.
Servings: 6 servings
What you need:
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 20 medium strawberries sliced
- 10 leaves basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Pre-prepare balsamic vinegar reduction by bringing to boil, reduce temperature and simmer until reduced by half.
- Preheat bbq to high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, and grill for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Divide asparagus among the plates and top with sliced berries, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to drizzle each serving of asparagus with the balsamic syrup
- Calories 48
- Fat 0.01 g
- Carbohydrates 5.5 g
- Dietary Fibre 1.5 g