Banana Bran Muffins
Enjoy some delicious healthy banana-bran muffins for breakfast or a great afternoon snack.
Makes 12 servings
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup natural bran
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed banana ( 2-3 bananas)
2 tbsp molasses
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
*Sour milk by adding 1 tbsp. vinegar into 1/2 cup milk
How you prepare:
- Mix oil, brown sugar and egg together.
- Stir in mashed banana, buttermilk/sour milk
- and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients and raisins and stir just until moistened.
- Fill 12muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Variation: add 1/3 cup chopped nuts.
Carbohydrates 34 g
Protein 4 g
Fat 7 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more