Banana Bran Muffins
Enjoy some delicious healthy banana-bran muffins for breakfast or a great afternoon snack.
Makes 12 servings
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup natural bran
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed banana ( 2-3 bananas)
2 tbsp molasses
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
*Sour milk by adding 1 tbsp. vinegar into 1/2 cup milk
How you prepare:
- Mix oil, brown sugar and egg together.
- Stir in mashed banana, buttermilk/sour milk
- and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients and raisins and stir just until moistened.
- Fill 12muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Variation: add 1/3 cup chopped nuts.
Carbohydrates 34 g
Protein 4 g
Fat 7 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g