Beef Stroganoff Dinner Recipe
This meal comes together quickly and is delicious with egg noodles, pasta, or rice. Add a salad to the plate, and you have a delicious, comfort-food meal for a chilly weeknight.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb button mushrooms, or 3 portebllo mushrooms, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine (or just use 1 cup beef broth)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomates, halved
- 1 tbsp dill (fresh or dried, add more to taste if desired) – or fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
How to make:
- Saute chopped onion and mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add beef and cook until browned.
- Stir in dijon mustard, and tomatoes. Stir in broth or broth/wine combination and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and dill or parsley.
- Serve over egg noodles, pasta, or rice.
**Variation – use 1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs, chopped for the beef, and use chicken broth or a broth/white wine blend.
Per serving (without pasta, noodles, or rice, with extra lean ground beef)
- Calories – 370
- Protein – 31 g
- Carbohydrates – 11 g
- Fat – 20 g
- Fibre 2.4 g