Berry Bursts of Flavour Print
Summer is a great time to enjoy fresh berries – have you ever considered other ways to add their flavour to your days? Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and beyond, they all add great flavour in small packages. Not to mention the rich colour they can bring to your drinks too.
Here are some tips for using fresh or frozen berries in drinks this summer – in this post we will look at some alcohol-free ways to use berries in drinks. Any of these ideas can work well with fresh mint if you have that on hand too! Adding some flavour to sparkling water is also a great way to increase your hydration in summer.
- Freeze berries and float as ice cubes in a drink, or add to an ice ring for your punch bowl.
- Fill a pitcher with equal parts cranberry juice and sparkling water or soda water. Add a few frozen berries to serving glasses, then top with the cranberry juice mixture.
- Muddle some berries into a glass, and top with sparkling water.
- Fresh lemonade is a perfect pairing with berries!
- Rhubarb strawberry lemonade. Dice up some rhubarb, and bring to a boil with strawberries, and 1.5 cups each of water and white sugar, and simmer for 10 minutes. Then strain berries and rhubarb out, stir in 1 cup of lemon juice, and use as a base to mix with water for a pink lemonade.