Blender Pumpkin Muffins
Healthy breakfast or snack recipe
Enjoy these healthy pumpkin muffins as a breakfast, snack or workout recovery snack option on the go!
Makes 12 muffins
What you need:
2 cups dry old-fashioned oats
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pumpkin seeds for garnish on top (optional)
How you make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a muffin tray
2. In a blender, add in the oats, banana, pumpkin puree, egg, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Blend on low and scrape down the sides of the blender periodically until blended. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until all of the oats are completely broken down.
3. Add in the baking powder, baking soda and salt and blend on low for 20 seconds.
4. Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin tray- filling 2/3. Top with a few pumpkin seeds as garnish on top (optional)
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool and then serve.
Nutrients per serving
(without pumpkin seeds):
23 g Carbohydrates
4 g Protein
2 g Fat
2.4 g Fibre
We hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for blender pumpkin muffins!
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter: Nutrition Newsletter by our Calgary Nutritionist / Online Dietitian team.