This is a much lighter breakfast than a traditional quiche. Prepare this recipe the night before for a delicious weekend brunch. Re-heat leftovers for your lunch.
Makes 6 servings
What you need:
3 cups sourdough bread cubes
1/2 chopped red pepper
4 oz (1/2 cup) light cheddar cheese
4 oz (1/2 cup) skim milk mozzarella cheese
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk
3 chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped lean ham
How you prepare:
- Spray 11×9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place bread cubes in pan. Arrange peppers,onions and ham over bread cubes then sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- In the blender, blend cottage cheese, eggs, and milk. Pour over ingredients in pan.
- Sprinkle with pepper and cover for 4 to 12 hours.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
Carbohydrates 12 g
Protein 27 g
Fat 14 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more