Butternut Squash and Corn Soup Recipe
Vegetarian soup with lots of vegetables and a little hit of heat. The pureed squash adds a real creamy texture. Makes 6 servings.
What you need:
- Medium sized butternut squash (could also use frozen or pre-cut for speed)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp canned chipotle peppers, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 tsp adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- salt, to taste
How to make:
- Peel and chop butternut squash. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes. Let cool and puree. (this can be done in advance)
- Heat oil in saucepan, add garlic, onion, chipotle pepper and red peppers, and sautee until tender.
- Add butternut squash puree, vegetable stock, corn, adobo sauce, and heat just until boiling.
- Add lime juice and zest, add salt to taste.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe)
- Calories – 160
- Protein – 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates – 27 g
- Fat – 5.3 g
- Fibre – 3.8 g