Butternut Squash and Corn Soup Recipe
Vegetarian soup with lots of vegetables and a little hit of heat. The pureed squash adds a real creamy texture. Makes 6 servings.
What you need:
- Medium sized butternut squash (could also use frozen or pre-cut for speed)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp canned chipotle peppers, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 tsp adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- salt, to taste
How to make:
- Peel and chop butternut squash. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes. Let cool and puree. (this can be done in advance)
- Heat oil in saucepan, add garlic, onion, chipotle pepper and red peppers, and sautee until tender.
- Add butternut squash puree, vegetable stock, corn, adobo sauce, and heat just until boiling.
- Add lime juice and zest, add salt to taste.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe)
- Calories – 160
- Protein – 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates – 27 g
- Fat – 5.3 g
- Fibre – 3.8 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more