Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Speedy weekday meal for your next Taco Tuesday!
This recipe courtesy of recipe developer Meghan at Fox and Briar was suggested to us from one of our Virtual Assistants Janice Dixon and we’ve been raving about it ever since! Give it a try and feel free to add more or less jalapeño to suit your family preferences. We’d suggest adding a bit of chopped onion and cilantro as well if you like.
Makes 8 servings (16 small soft corn tortillas)
What you need:
- 24 large raw shrimp peeled
- 16 small corn tortillas (or alternatively flour tortillas or hard shell tacos)
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 jalapeño finely minced (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves pressed or finely minced
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt
- 1 avocado diced
How you make:
- Combine the shrimp in a bowl with olive oil, lime zest, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, red pepper flake and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Toss the cabbage with jalapeno, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and a pinch of salt, set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a skillet over low heat, flipping occasionally.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, pour the shrimp in. Sear on one side for 1-2 minutes, flip and sear on the other side until pink all the way through and no longer opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble tacos, layer two tortillas on top of each other. top with lime slaw, a few shrimp, and some avocado. Top with some salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Nutrients per small soft corn tortilla:
29 g carbohydrates
8 g protein
7 g fat
6 g fibre
We hoped you have enjoyed this tasty chili lime shrimp taco recipe!
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter: Nutrition Newsletter by our Calgary Nutritionist / Online Dietitian team.