Slow Cooker Lentil Beef Stew Recipe
This super easy lentil and beef stew has enough vegetables to be a great “not winter, but not fully spring” meal. Try red lentils for a smoother texture, or green ones for a more firm option. Makes 6 servings.
What you need:
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 large uncooked zucchini, diced
- 16 oz uncooked lean beef round, cut into 1-inch chunks, or 1 pound
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 3/4 cup(s) dry lentils
- 4 cup(s) low sodium beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Place all ingredients 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; stir well. Cook on Low until beef is very tender, 6−7 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
- Serving size: 1½ cups
Per serving (1.5 cups)
- Calories – 335
- Protein – 34 g
- Carbohydrates – 40 g
- Fat – 4.8 g
- Fibre – 9.8 g