Easy Shrimp, Orzo & Zucchini Recipe
An easy one-pot family friendly meal! Great for using up those zucchini and tomatoes in your backyard garden. Makes 6 servings
Recipe originally appeared on Faithfull Eating
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 small-medium zucchini sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half (or quartered if larger)
- 2 cups orzo (dry)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ~1 lb (~454 g) precooked shrimp, thawed and peeled
- Ground pepper to taste
- Green onion finely chopped (optional)
- Grated parmesan or feta cheese as topping (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, oregano, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cook until softened.
- Stir in orzo and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for ~10 min or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in precooked shrimp at the very end and heat until warm (do not overcook as shrimp will get rubbery). Add additional toppings if desired. Enjoy!