Fast Fish and Fresh Herb Packet Recipe Print
Fast Fish and Fresh Herb Packet Recipe
Recipe courtesy of www.cookspiration.com
This delicious meal cooks up in no time at all. Beat the clock. Make the packets the night before or in the morning before going to work. That way, they’re ready to place on the grill when you come home. Dinner will be done in before the kids can ask “what’s for dinner?”
Switch up your fish. Look for firm fleshed fish such as halibut, tilapia, trout or snapper to substitute for the salmon. Try this oven variation: Place packets on large baking sheet and bake in preheated 425°F (220°C) oven for about 15 minutes.
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 small yellow zucchini (summer squash), sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 /4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 oz each 4 salmon fillets, skinned
How to make:
- Cut asparagus stalks in half crosswise and place in large bowl. Add red pepper, zucchini, basil, parsley and garlic. Toss together to combine.
- Lay out 4 large pieces of foil and divide bok choy among them. Top with asparagus mixture; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, thyme and pepper. Add salmon and turn to coat evenly. Place one piece of salmon on top of the bok choy- asparagus mixture. Fold foil to seal or place another piece of foil on top to seal and form packets.
- Place packets on greased grill over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
Per serving – 1 of 4:
- Calories – 287
- Carbohydrates – 11 g
- Fat – 16 g
- Fibre – 5 g
- Protein – 27 g