Fire Roasted Corn Avocado Salsa Recipe Print
Top Summer Appetizer or Picnic Lunch Recipe
This delicious recipe is a summer staple! So many fresh flavours combine to make a tasty dip, or topping on a burger. Serve this as a healthy appetizer, picnic lunch or snack idea.
Makes 4 generous servings.
What you need:
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 ripe, large avocados (or 3 smaller)
- 1/4 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
How you prepare:
- Roast the corn and jalapeno pepper over the fire (using a grill or on a gas stove) until charred and blistered. Once cool enough to handle, cut the corn off the cob.
- Chop the avocados, and mix in a bowl with the corn, and pico de gallo.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno, and mince. Add to bowl with other ingredients, and then stir in lime juice, garlic and salt, and pepper to taste.
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
- Fibre: 13 g
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.