Fire Roasted Corn Avocado Salsa Recipe
This delicious recipe is a summer staple! So many fresh flavours combine to make a tasty dip, or topping on a burger. Makes 4 generous servings.
What you need:
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 jalepeno pepper
- 2 ripe, large avocados (or 3 smaller)
- 1/4 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
How you prepare:
- Roast the corn and jalepeno pepper over fire (using a grill, or on a gas stove) unitl charred and blistered. Once cool enough to handle, cut the corn off the cob.
- Chop the avocados, and mix in bowl with the corn, and pico de gallo.
- Remove the seeds from the jalepeno, and mince. Add to bowl with other ingredients, and then stir in lime juice, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
- Fibre: 13 g