Gluten-Free Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
Healthy Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Kristen Stringer
Hosting a friend with celiac disease or have a family member that requires gluten-free menu planning? Try this gluten-free dessert recipe for blueberry cobbler by using gluten-free flour. (If you don’t need to accommodate someone with a gluten-free recipe than feel free to make this recipe with regular all-purpose flour instead). Top with vanilla Greek yogurt for a tasty summer dessert.
What you need:
- 6 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare filling in a 9×13 dish – add blueberries, and stir in 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare cobbler topping by mixing flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl, and cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, just until mixed.
- Drop topping onto filling by spoonfulls, trying to cover evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, and let cool slightly before serving.
Per serving – 1/6 of recipe
- Calories – 270
- Protein – 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates – 49 g
- Fat – 7.2 g
- Fibre – 4.8 g
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter: Nutrition Newsletter by our Calgary Dietitian team.
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/