Gluten-Free Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
Healthy Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Kristen Stringer
Hosting a friend with celiac disease or have a family member that requires gluten-free menu planning? Try this gluten-free dessert recipe for blueberry cobbler by using gluten-free flour. (If you don’t need to accommodate someone with a gluten-free recipe than feel free to make this recipe with regular all-purpose flour instead). Top with vanilla Greek yogurt for a tasty summer dessert.
What you need:
- 6 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare filling in a 9×13 dish – add blueberries, and stir in 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare cobbler topping by mixing flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl, and cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg and milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, just until mixed.
- Drop topping onto filling by spoonfulls, trying to cover evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, and let cool slightly before serving.
Per serving – 1/6 of recipe
- Calories – 270
- Protein – 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates – 49 g
- Fat – 7.2 g
- Fibre – 4.8 g
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.