Greek Salad Cucumber Cups Recipe
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 or 4 black olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ tablespoon of dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the onion, bell pepper, tomato, olives, and feta. In a smaller bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour dressing over vegetables and feta, and mix, and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes for flavours to combine.
Partially peel the cucumbers, leaving thin strips of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim off the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into 1-inch thick slices. Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baller, leaving a shell of flesh.
Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the Mediterranean salad into the cucumber cups.
Per Serving (about 2 pieces)
- Calories – 49
- Protein – 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates – 4 g
- Fat – 3.1 g
- Fibre – 0.92 g