Green Bean and Potato Salad Recipe
This dish is done within 45 minutes, and is a lighter option than a traditional creamy potato salad. Makes 6 servings.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce (Gluten-free if required)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
How you prepare:
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil, and cook for about 15 minutes. Add the beans to the pot for the last 4 minutes.
- Drain and cool. Cut the potatoes and beans into bite sized pieces.
- Place in large bowl, along with basil, red onion, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad and stir.
- Add salt and pepper if desired, and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Calories – 286
- Carbohydrates – 28g
- Protein – 3.7g
- Fat – 18g
- Fibre – 3.9g