Barbecue Summer Recipe for Corn on the Cob
This recipe is great for the barbeque or an open campfire next time you are camping!
Makes 4 corn cobs
What you need:
4 Fresh corn cobs
2 Tbsp softened butter
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic salt (or garlic powder)
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or cilantro
How you prepare:
1. Pull corn husks back carefully and remove silk. Soak corn cobs in a bowl of water for 20 minutes and drain on paper towel.
2. While corn is soaking, combine butter with chili, cumin and garlic salt/powder in a small bowl.
3. Dry corn cobs with a paper towel and spread 1/4 Tbsp of the butter mixture on each cob with hands or pastry brush.
4. Smooth husks back into place and place cobs on a hot grill for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. For a campfire, wrap each corn cob in tin foil and place cobs in coals around the fire, rotating frequently.
5. Once cooked, carefully pull husks back and spread each cob with remaining ¼ Tbsp of the butter mixture. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro for garnish.
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.