Beyond Candy, Halloween Food Ideas
The colours orange and black are everywhere at Halloween. Why not create some themed dishes around these colours, in ways that go beyond candy or cookies?
- Make taco filling with diced sweet potato and black beans. Dice a sweet potato, and boil it until soft. Then mix with a drained can of black beans and your favourite taco seasonings.
- Toss some sliced orange and purple sweet peppers, and some purple onion with some olive oil and salt, and roast in the oven for a fun looking side dish.
- Make your favourite black bean soup (or try ours!), and serve with biscuits that have been topped with shredded orange cheddar cheese. Serve with carrot sticks.
- Make or purchase a black bean dip, and serve with sliced carrots, orange peppers and orange cherry tomatoes.
- Blackberry and cantaloupe fruit salad. Dice your cantaloupe, mix with blackberries, and a sprinkle of lemon juice.