How to Grill Salmon: Lime Cumin Marinade Print
Wondering how to grill salmon the tastiest way? My Auntie Sheila shared this recipe with me many years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. Serve this salmon with rice, quinoa or couscous, grilled vegetables and a side salad for a balanced meal.
Makes 4 Servings
What you need:
1 lb. (500 g) Salmon fillet (skin on)
3 tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. grated lime rind
2 minced garlic cloves, minced
Pepper and salt to taste
How you prepare:
- Slice salmon into 4-6 pieces.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients and marinate salmon for a few minutes to an hour.
- Place fillets (skin side down) on a greased grill, 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) from medium hot coals or on medium high setting.
- Grill fillets for 10 minutes per inch (2.5 cm) of salmon thickness, until it flakes easily with a fork and flesh is opaque.
- Baste frequently during cooking, using all the marinade.
Nutrients per serving:
Carbohydrates 3 g
Protein 29 g
Fat 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
We hope you enjoyed these simple instructions on how to grill salmon and this simple marinade.
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter: Nutrition Newsletter by our Calgary Nutritionist / Online Dietitian team.