The Instantpot is not only a trendy small kitchen appliance, it’s really versatile. A few of us in the office own one already, and we’ve been trying out a few recipes. Our Chief of Office Awesomeness makes yogurt in hers nearly weekly. It’s quick for cooking a whole chicken, or putting in half-frozen pork chops.
We connected with some fellow Registered Dietitians, and they shared some of their favourite recipes for the Instantpot – and here they are:
- Vincci Tsui, RD – Chicken Tikka Masala
- Whitney, RD – Hearty Chicken Soup (Instant Pot)
- A Little Nutrition’s Susan Watson- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash and Quinoa Coconut Curry (Try subbing the broccoli for cauliflower, this is delicious too!)
- Fueling with Food’s Tristaca Curley – Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Whitney, RD’s – Creamy Homemade Greek Yogurt (tip! Save a 1/4 cup of the drained whey from your yogurt, and freeze, for your next batch of yogurt)
- Crumb, Ink. Lillian Yin, RD’s – Whey Too Good Butternut Squash Soup (Our office COA is super excited to try this, with all the leftover whey from her yogurt making)
- Did you know it’s really easy and fast to cook a whole chicken in the Instantpot? Place chicken on the included trivet, rub skin with salt and your favourite herb mix (fresh or dried), add about a cup of water or broth to the bottom of the pot, and pressure cook for the manual’s suggested time, based on weight of chicken.