Instantpot Recipe Roundup!
The Instantpot is not only a trendy small kitchen appliance, it’s really versatile. A few of us in the office own one already, and we’ve been trying out a few recipes. Our Chief of Office Awesomeness makes yogurt in hers nearly weekly. It’s quick for cooking a whole chicken, or putting in half-frozen pork chops.
We connected with some fellow Registered Dietitians, and they shared some of their favourite recipes for the Instantpot – and here they are:
- Vincci Tsui, RD – Chicken Tikka Masala
- Whitney, RD – Hearty Chicken Soup (Instant Pot)
- A Little Nutrition’s Susan Watson- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash and Quinoa Coconut Curry (Try subbing the broccoli for cauliflower, this is delicious too!)
- Fueling with Food’s Tristaca Curley – Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Whitney, RD’s – Creamy Homemade Greek Yogurt (tip! Save a 1/4 cup of the drained whey from your yogurt, and freeze, for your next batch of yogurt)
- Crumb, Ink. Lillian Yin, RD’s – Whey Too Good Butternut Squash Soup (Our office COA is super excited to try this, with all the leftover whey from her yogurt making)
- Did you know it’s really easy and fast to cook a whole chicken in the Instantpot? Place chicken on the included trivet, rub skin with salt and your favourite herb mix (fresh or dried), add about a cup of water or broth to the bottom of the pot, and pressure cook for the manual’s suggested time, based on weight of chicken.
Do you have a favourite Instantpot recipe? We’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/