Kid Craze Gnocchi
Parents, caregivers and kids will enjoy making and eating these delicious Italian potato noodles! Cooking with kids is a great way to connect, have fun and teach them lifelong important skills.
Makes 4 Servings
What you need:
How you prepare:
- Peel potatoes and boil in a large pot with salted water until soft.
- Mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher along with some salt and pepper. Add about 1/2 cup of flour and stir. Add more flour until the mixture forms a dough. *Add the least amount of flour and knead as little as possible for the best fluffiest gnocchi.
- Roll a piece of the dough into a long snake about 1/2 an inch thick. Use flour as needed (but minimally) to prevent sticking.
- Cut the dough into approximately 1-inch pieces and roll each piece off the back of a fork to give it a characteristic ridged pattern.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and a little flour (do not allow them to touch).
- Work in batches to cook by adding a few gnocchi at a time to boiling water. One minute after gnocchi rises to the top remove from water with a slotted spoon. Place in a bowl and serve with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese.
Carbohydrates 47 g
Protein 5 g
Fat 0.4 g
Fiber 1.0 g